Aspiring - "desiring or striving for recognition or advancement"

Rouleur - "type of racing cyclist that is considered a good all rounder"



Thursday 23 June 2011

Amateur Home Mechanics Part 3


Following my ridiculous stack on the weekend, I bought some bar tape and had a go at some home mechanics. I went for black this time as the red colour gets dirty pretty quickly. It's taken me a little while to get used to it but I think it makes the bike look more stealthy.

I'm surprised to say that things went smoother than I thought. There were no fires, no injuries and it looks like a visit to the local bike shop won't be necessary. I'm pretty pleased with the results. It's not "bike shop" perfect and there are a few little bits i'm not happy with but for a first attempt, it's not too shabby and I've got that warm glow inside of a DIY job gone well.

I certainly won't be worried about fitting new tape in the future and will change tape more often as it really freshens up the look of the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment