Aspiring - "desiring or striving for recognition or advancement"

Rouleur - "type of racing cyclist that is considered a good all rounder"



Saturday 4 February 2012

Family time

Usually on a Sunday morning, I go out for a bike ride which gives me a bit of freedom and the rest of the family a chance to laze about.
At this time of year when pace slows slightly and summer drifts into a memory, we find ourselves having more time to spend alone as a family which is always a good thing. We enjoy camping and the outdoors so it's becoming a bit of a ritual that Sunday afternoons are spent wandering around together.
We're National Trust members which gives great opportunity for an inexpensive day out. Last week we headed out into Surrey and spent an enjoyable few hours walking through the woods at Winkworth Arboretum. It was really beautiful but a little cold so we were glad to find the shelter of the boathouse to have our lunch.
Also gave me the opportunity to try out my new MSR Pocket Rocket with a round of hot drinks. I was a bit of a hero with the kids when I whipped up a surprise hot chocolate!



No comments:

Post a Comment