Aspiring - "desiring or striving for recognition or advancement"

Rouleur - "type of racing cyclist that is considered a good all rounder"



Tuesday 11 May 2010

The Anti-Vampire


I did something amazing yesterday. I gave blood for the first time.

For years, it's something i've thought about doing but never really gotten around to. Seeing posters around at work finally pushed me into it and the thought that I could do it during work time just helped the idea grow.....

So I registered myself and went along to do the deed. I've had several tattoos over the years so needles don't bother me but i've never had a blood test or anything like that so didn't know how I would react to blood being taken.
It could be just a macho thing but I didn't want to faint as that would definitely ruin my street cred. I've only just managed to supress the posting on Facebook of a certain someone holding a bunny rabbit at Godstone Farm so did not need a fainting incident to occur.

As expected, there was nothing to worry about. My competitive streak did shine through though. I was trying to get the blood to come out quicker so I could fill the bag before the woman next to me. I did a pretty classy job too. I'd like to think that if there was a blood donation race, i'd be scoring points.

I got my free crisps and biscuits and toddled off feeling content with myself that I had done something good for once and possibly saved a life.

Some lucky person out there is going to receive a little bit of my awesomeness....

No comments:

Post a Comment