Aspiring - "desiring or striving for recognition or advancement"

Rouleur - "type of racing cyclist that is considered a good all rounder"



Friday 21 January 2011

Just mooching around.....



Things have been pretty hectic over the last few weeks, with the Christmas break and everything. Isn't it funny how we call it a break but it seems to be more hectic than the rest of the year??!!
I took the opportunity yesterday to just get out for a ride on my bike and not really bother worrying about how fast I was going or what my heart rate was doing and it made a refreshing change.
Living in South London, I'm always in a rush to head out of town and into the country as soon as possible which generally means I head south or east to get out into the lanes. This has got a bit boring of late as it tends to mean I do the same monotonous 5-10 miles to start and finish every ride. I thought that it would be nice to head north for a change and head into London.
I used to work in a job where I rode a motorbike around London and since leaving that role, I do miss "the big smoke" and sights that go with it.
I decided to just see where I ended up, which ultimately led me to Greenwich on a damp, cloudy morning. I stood for a while looking out over the Thames and for the first time in a while, I actually felt relaxed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment