Aspiring - "desiring or striving for recognition or advancement"

Rouleur - "type of racing cyclist that is considered a good all rounder"



Monday 17 January 2011

A New Year.....


It’s the start of the year and time to reflect on the year gone past and look to the future.
So, how was 2010 for me? All in all, I’d say it was pretty good. I shelled a fair bit of weight and managed to get some good fitness. The earlier part of the year leading up to the London to Paris ride, saw me at my lightest and at my fittest.
I competed in my first race and although it was a poor placing, I really enjoyed it and it’s something I’ll be looking at doing again at some point.
I completed the London to Paris ride pretty comfortably and met some great (and some not so great) people along the way.
Form and fitness has dipped a bit since June but I’ve kept on the bike and have joined Audax UK with the hope to complete some real long distance rides in 2011. I haven’t renewed my racing licence because I just don’t think I have enough time to dedicate to racing this year, I’d sooner enjoy cycling in itself rather than pitch myself against other people, although I will try a 10 mile time trial this year……
I want to see some new places around the UK so will be mainly doing Audax and Sportive rides with, hopefully a trip to the Alps in the summer to ride some of the Cols, probably around the Lake Annecy area.
I’m definitely starting in a better position than I was 12 months ago. On the few rides I’ve already done this year, I don’t feel too far behind where I was last summer.
A big aim is to keep this blog updated a bit more regularly. I’ll try to make it less mundane than it’s got of late and think up some entertaining features.
I managed to stay awake and sign up to the 2011 Dragon Ride so that gives me something to aim for in 2011 while I think of some alternative challenges. I’d like to do at least one sportive or Audax a month so watch this space……

No comments:

Post a Comment