Aspiring - "desiring or striving for recognition or advancement"

Rouleur - "type of racing cyclist that is considered a good all rounder"



Monday 29 March 2010

Move over Batman....



Before I started cycling, the thought of wearing figure hugging lycra was definitely something I didn’t want to be a part of. I mean, with a figure like mine, it’s like looking at a spandex-clad bag of potatoes.
Now I’ve lost a bit of weight and have spent some time looking like an extra from the World Wrestling Federation, I’m starting to enjoy it.
I can see the positive benefits of it while on the bike. There’s the lack of chafing for starters. In addition to wearing the garments, I also get to smother anti-chafing rub onto my undercarriage. Hmmm… tingly.
I can also pretend that I’m a sponsored pro cyclist to anyone I meet on the street. People generally know that if I’m wearing a football shirt in the pub, I don’t play for Arsenal but a cyclist on a bike with loads of advertising plastered over their body – they must be professional.
Although looking restrictive, lycra is pretty damn comfortable, to the point where it feels nicer than being naked. I get to the point where I’d like to just wear it around the house.
With that thought in mind, I’ve found a solution – compression lycra. I’m not sure whether this stuff actually works or whether it was just dreamt up by someone with a lycra fetish like me.
It actually gives an excuse to wear lycra around the house. I can go out for a 5 hour spandex wearing ride and then come back and slip into a clean pair of compression tights for the rest of the day to aid my recovery. Now that’s progress…….

No comments:

Post a Comment