Aspiring - "desiring or striving for recognition or advancement"

Rouleur - "type of racing cyclist that is considered a good all rounder"



Monday 22 March 2010

The weatherman’s revenge…..



I’m just full of excuses at the moment aren’t I? So, Becky Mantin and co wreaked havoc with my plans to ride the club run on Saturday with some heavy rains and we all know that if I ride in the rain I will melt.

I decided to have a bit of family time and a pyjama day. Couldn’t stay off the bike for long though and dragged the exercise bike in front of the telly to ride with the pros doing Milan San Remo. I did 60km and quite enjoyed it, mimicking how they rode. When the pros climbed – I whacked the resistance up and got out of the saddle, when they spun on the flat, I spun on the flat and I definitely contested the bunch sprint and quite possibly came second. Tom Boonen’s not as fast as he used to be.

A disappointing day then was turned around and then that left Sunday for a really nice 35 mile ride around Surrey. I felt really good the whole way round and even the Zig Zag climb at Box Hill posed little threat. One thing’s for certain though, it may be sunny outside but it’s definitely not warm enough for fingerless mitts yet……..

No comments:

Post a Comment