Aspiring - "desiring or striving for recognition or advancement"

Rouleur - "type of racing cyclist that is considered a good all rounder"



Tuesday 2 February 2010

First Impressions



Ever had that feeling where you don't quite know what to say to people?

How do you start to begin to explain yourself to people who you have never met and are probably never likely to meet?

I guess it's best to start with a little bit about myself. I'm 28, I live in South London, England and this year I decided to stop letting life pass me by and try to experience life more and leave a mark, a lasting impression or an imprint that would prove that I was part of this whole cycle of life.

If I had to summarise myself in one word, it would have to be "fickle." Odd choice you may think but it's been said to me more than once. That's not to say that I don't have other more endearing qualities, I just think that this one particular word describes me best.

I'm one of those people who has an interest in many things.... for about 5 minutes.

My fickleness leads me onto why I named this blog "aspiring rouleur." This week's fad is cycling, although, I have proved many people wrong and have been into the sport for about 2 years now.
I guess rouleur describes the rider and person I want to be. My body, head, heart and riding style mean that I will never be a climber in cycling or life but I am more than happy to be someone who is a generally good all round person. Is it wrong to aspire to mediocrity?

I am not quite the person or cyclist I want to be yet, hence the aspiring part but am willing to share my experiences with you and hope that you will enjoy my life as much as I do.

There will be ups and downs, so if you've got a seat belt handy, I would suggest buckling up. I do not know where this is gonna go but it is gonna be emotional so stay seated for the duration of the ride......

No comments:

Post a Comment