Aspiring - "desiring or striving for recognition or advancement"

Rouleur - "type of racing cyclist that is considered a good all rounder"



Tuesday 16 February 2010

My religion says I must eat today….



Today in the UK we have our annual tradition of “Pancake Day” or “Shrove Tuesday” for the religious types.

It’s a day to feast before Ash Wednesday and the period of Lent. I will state this now - I am not a religious person but I do like a good excuse to eat and if it’s tradition and unholy not to eat, those suckers are getting consumed.

And so, the choices for pancake toppings - I think there is a law somewhere that dictates that a least 1 pancake should be topped with sugar and lemon. In fact, I think there is a passage in the bible that dictates it (New testament, Rik Waller, chapter 4, verse 15 – And thou shou eateth thy pancake with the joyous addition of citrus fruit with sugar cane…..)

I don’t really think savoury options should be considered at all. It’s just not cricket.
One of my personal favourites is to thinly slice a Mars bar and melt that into the pancake. Try it, you won't be disappointed (or thin any more).

Needless to say, tonight will be full of calories. I can just hear my other half now, “How many more of those are you gonna eat?”

“Oh, it’s alright love, I’m carb loading……..”

No comments:

Post a Comment