Aspiring - "desiring or striving for recognition or advancement"

Rouleur - "type of racing cyclist that is considered a good all rounder"



Friday 19 February 2010

Training Day (no not the film….)



I think the weather gods hate me. Wednesday – sunny, Today – sunny. Thursday (my day off) – wet, cold and miserable. I could have wimped out but then I asked myself. “What would Lance Armstrong do?”
Lance would man up and get out there in the rain, so that’s what I did. I left my house, to cycle, when it was raining. It’s the first time I’ve ever done it. That’s commitment for you and in the words of the late, great Roy Castle, “dedication’s what you need if you wanna be a record breaker.” I don’t exactly want to break any records (unless Jedwood bring another one out) but you get the idea.

I wouldn’t say it was my most inspiring ride ever but at least I was out. To celebrate my awesomeness, I had a bit of lunch and then went out to the gym. That’s right – a double training session. A 20 minute run followed by a bit of indoor cycling, capped off with a steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi session (because I’m worth it).

Now gyms are not my favourite place but they do give good opportunity to people watch. Aren’t people that go to gyms fat??!! I know I’m no Ethiopian but after looking at my fellow gym mates I concluded that:

1) Some of them must only have joined that day.
2) If not 1) they must have been enormous before joining the gym.
3) I had the whitest trainers in the place.

My favourite person from the gym yesterday was the young guy who arrived after me, was in the Jacuzzi before me and then decided to eat his meal deal from the bakers in the changing room afterwards. You my friend are a hero. Reward yourself for those 100 calories that you burned with a 600 calorie lunch.

His sandwich did look nice though…….

No comments:

Post a Comment