Aspiring - "desiring or striving for recognition or advancement"

Rouleur - "type of racing cyclist that is considered a good all rounder"



Friday 26 February 2010

To non-cycling fans, I’m Lance Armstrong



It always amazes me how something I take for granted is a major thing for other people. Cycling is a sport where fitness can be improved gradually and you can travel great distances with relative ease.

To non-cyclists, the thought of cycling 50 miles is met with disbelief. Why would someone do this for fun? I think this first occurred to me when someone at work was discussing the London to Brighton bike ride in aid of the British Heart Foundation. To them, it was a major obstacle and something to be worked towards. For me, it would be a pleasant spin out in the morning.

I suppose it’s a similar perception to running the marathon. I personally think marathon runners are mad but that’s because I don’t run.
I tried to run last week and it resulted in me barely being able to walk for 2 days. I guess cycling’s for wimps who can’t run….

No comments:

Post a Comment