Aspiring - "desiring or striving for recognition or advancement"

Rouleur - "type of racing cyclist that is considered a good all rounder"



Wednesday 17 February 2010

Forgive me father, for I have sinned



It’s sometimes too easy to get into something and neglect what your body’s telling you.

I think, in my rush to get fitter and race to be the best cyclist this world’s ever seen, I’ve overstretched myself.
Getting up early to exercise is a good thing. It makes me feel fresher and makes me feel good about myself but this morning I was just too tired.

So, why am I rattling on about it and moaning like a baby? It’s the guilt. My usual start to the day where I feel good before I’ve even left the house has now been replaced with guilt that I broke my training regime and I’m a lazy fat sod.

It’s only one day you may say but what if this is the start of things to come. Is this how obesity begins? I’ll have a day off today and then tomorrow it’ll be “just one cream cake won’t hurt…”

Before I know it, they’ll be removing the side of the house to take me to the hospital.

I’m gonna waddle off home now and get my fat ass back on that bike because I’d rather have pain than anguish. I wonder if the bakery is still open……..

No comments:

Post a Comment